For a healthy lifestyle, we include whole fruits, vegetables, proteins, vitamins, and quality fats in our diet. Even if we take a properly balanced diet, we must consider taking health supplements in our diet that includes valuable nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Our modern-day food preferences, traumatic lifestyles, soil depletion, antibiotic exposure, traveling, and healthy lifestyle demands health supplements in our daily routine.
But what exactly is a supplement?
Before even thinking about taking vitamins & supplements, we should know what a supplement is. A supplement is basically a blend of useful nutrients that enhances your health. It completes your balanced diet and fulfills your nutrient intake. Health supplements can be in the form of tablets, capsules, powders, or syrups.
They provide your body with the desired energy and keep you from exhausting and nauseated. There are some of the best supplements in the market; however, it is advised that you must always consult your doctor before starting on health supplements.
Here are 6 reasons why you should go for vitamins & supplements-
1.Your food doesn’t provide you enough nutrition
Earlier people used to get all their necessary vitamins and nutrients from the food they ate. But this is not the scenario anymore. The food that you eat today included fewer nutrients than it was around 50-60 years ago. Fruits these days include more sugar than nutrients. The same goes for vegetables.
To fulfill your body with a perfect intake of nutrients, you need to take the best supplements according to your body. You can buy organic fruits and vegetables, but you still might want to add high-quality food supplements in your daily routine.
2. Stress lessens nutrients in your body
Modern day lifestyle comes with a huge price to pay, i.e., stress. If you are stressed due to your work or your personal life, it directly affects your health. Modern lifestyle puts your healthy lifestyle into question. It also increases the production of stress hormones and specific neurotransmitters into your body.
In such a case, you’ll need some best supplements for health like calcium, magnesium, vitamin C & B, iron, and a few more to keep going on. Besides, you can keep away from harmful activities in your daily routine like working extra, not exercising, eating unhealthy food, and not getting plenty of sleep.
These activities put aberrant levels of stress on your brain and body, which surely is harmful.
3. Supplements can be your best travel buddy
If you’re a traveler or you travel often due to your work, taking food supplements is your best bet. Traveling is fun and adventurous, but it is one of the most traumatic things to do. It’s obvious for you to get exhausted and starve while traveling.
There are some vitamins & supplements that you can take while you are traveling. Some of the best supplements for health that you can carry while traveling are protein powders, organic bone broth protein, and emulsified MCT oil. It’s always fruitful to take food supplements rather than eating street junk out of nowhere.
For a healthy sleep, take melatonin and magnesium. For a strong immunity system, take plus zinc and vitamin C. These are comfortable with your short-term traveling as well.
4. Necessary for your Microbiome
Sometimes your body suffers rough because of what you eat like over-sterile conditions, processed food, and excess sugar, antibiotics, and medications. These conditions put a nasty effect on your microbiome.
A healthy and balanced microbiome is a necessity for your body to keep up with your mood, hormones, and a strong immunity system. About 70% of your immunity system is housed by your gut microbiome. It keeps you from getting sick and exhausted.
All you need to do is to fill yourself with pre and probiotics to make sure your gut microbiome is getting enough nutrients and vitamins to keep it going fine. Choose the best supplements to maintain a healthy gut.
5. Supplements for certain objectives
Different people need different supplements that depends on their age, medical history and present medications, activities, and much more. One must always avoid supplements that their body doesn’t need. Always add supplements in your diet according to your lifestyle.
- Autoimmune diseases- For people suffering from autoimmune or other diseases also endure weakened digestion and hormonal imbalance. They must always consult their doctors before taking certain supplements. They’ll not only improve their autoimmunity but also improve their digestion as well.
- For Athletes– Life of an athlete is not a regular one. They usually need more protein, vitamins, and stress-reducing nutrients like Vitamin B that support their workouts and activities.
- For Weight Loss (or Gain) – Losing or gaining weight has never been an easy task. But if you’re able to boost protein and fat in your diet, it can help you to stay full for a long-time which result in weight loss. Also, you can go for a high-quality protein that helps you gain muscles while you’re on your training. You must note that there is a big difference between harmful steroids and vitamins & supplements. Excess of anything you take results ghastly, but you should always consult your weight trainer before taking any supplements.
- For a Sharp Brain- Sometimes stress and poor food choices may lead to mayhem on your brain which is absolutely harmful. There are certain nutrients that you can take for a better brain like Omega-3 fatty acids. Also, Adaptogenic herbs like Cordyceps helps in relieving stress and increasing brain clarity.
6. Even non-vegetarians can take supplements
There is a misconception that non-vegetarians don’t require food supplements as they eat meat. Their protein comes with amino acids. But even the muscle meat that you get from animals and fish can’t fill you with a wide range of amino acids and other micronutrients that your body needs.
Supplements like Natural Force Collagen Peptides and Organic Bone Broth Protein are full of amino acids that help you in gaining a healthy gut, stronger joints, and healthier skin.
Adding supplements and vitamins in your daily diet is one of the healthiest ways of improving health as you cannot get every nutrient in the food that you eat. However, you must not take what your body can’t digest. Always consult a doctor before starting on health supplements.